How Do I Apply?
Each year, Marianjoy proudly awards scholarships to students with disabilities to help them pursue educational programs at accredited two-year or four-year colleges and universities, or vocational-technical schools in the United States.
Recipients must enroll in school no later than the fall session following the announcement of the awards.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed.
- Past recipients are eligible to re-apply if they continue to meet the application’s criteria.
- Scholarships can be awarded to a recipient up to four years.
- Awards, distributed in two equal installments, are made payable to the post-secondary school the student is attending.
- Scholarships will not exceed tuition.
- The Marianjoy Scholarship Program reserves the right to review its conditions and procedures and to make changes at any time, including its termination. Previously approved scholarships will not be affected by subsequent changes.
To be eligible to apply to the Marianjoy Scholarship Program, applicants must be:
- Functionally impaired or physically disabled.
- A permanent resident in one of the following Illinois counties: Cook, DeKalb, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry or Will.
- High school seniors or graduates (diploma or GED certificate) or college undergraduate.
- Former Marianjoy patients are eligible regardless of residence.
- Marianjoy employees and their dependent children, as well as donors to the Marianjoy Scholarship Program and their family members, are ineligible to apply.
To apply to the Marianjoy Scholarship Program, applicants must:
- Complete the application and mail to the address shown on the form.
- Submit a written, personal profile outlining the nature of their disability, career goals and aspirations. Clearly describe any financial needs, as well as any pertinent personal/family circumstances.
- Have original transcripts sent directly from their school mailed to the address shown on the form.
- Include letters of recommendation from a counselor, instructor, employer, minister, physician, therapist or another qualified individual.
All applications must be received by March 27, 2020 for consideration.
Scholarship Recipient Selection Criteria
- Academic record as indicated in school transcript, activities and additional information provided by applicant.
- Financial need and family circumstances.
- Impact of disability in educational process.
- Education and career goals expressed in personal profile.
- Leadership and participation roles in the school or community.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Overall assessment of candidate’s presentation.
Applications may be mailed to:
Marianjoy Scholarship Program
Attention: Allison Macfarlane
26W171 Roosevelt Road
Wheaton, Illinois 60187
For more information, contact Allison Macfarlane at Allison.Setzke@nm.org or 630.909.7400.