Northwestern Memorial Foundation is dedicated to supporting the educational interests and goals of individuals who are pursuing, or who plan to pursue, careers in health care.
Through a variety of scholarship programs, we are pleased to offer valuable learning and mentorship opportunities that encourage people to grow and explore, and to deepen their healthcare-related interests, knowledge and skills. From high school students and those in the early stages of their careers, to experienced healthcare providers, individuals in all phases of their lives and careers can benefit from our scholarship programs.
Audrey Ballard Nursing Scholarship
The Centegra Health System Auxiliary cares for the community through a robust healthcare scholarship program. The Auxiliary awards scholarships to individuals who are pursuing careers in health care, as well as those who are expanding their current healthcare roles.
The Audrey Ballard Nursing Scholarship was established through the generosity of Audrey Ballard, a Woodstock native and a nurse of 48 years. Individuals who receive an Audrey Ballard Nursing Scholarship are high school graduates who are pursuing education in a nursing program. Scholarship funds go directly to the student’s chosen nursing school and are applied toward tuition, fees and/or books. To apply for this annual scholarship, please fill out the Audrey Ballard Nursing Scholarship application or call 847.802.7085 for more information.
One of our main objectives is to build the next generation of healthcare leaders.
For example, the Auxiliaries of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage and Delnor Hospitals, Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital offer college scholarships to students pursuing a degree or certification in a healthcare-related field, such as nursing, applied health or pharmacy.
- Applicants who live in the Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital service area can receive scholarships of $1,000 to $5,000 per year toward education expenses only. See the guidelines for more details on eligibility and the application process, including the application form and photo release form.
- Applicants who live in the Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital service area can download Kishwaukee Hospital Auxiliary scholarship and application instructions. For more information, please contact Deborah Nier, volunteer services manager.
- Applicants who live in the Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital service area can download the Valley West Hospital Auxiliary scholarship and application instructions.
Jackie Sund Nursing Scholarship
The Jackie Sund Nursing Scholarship was created in recognition of Jackie Sund’s tremendous dedication to both the nursing profession and Centegra Health System, where she worked for more than 40 years. The scholarship assists future nurses with their educational expenses and pays tribute to Jackie’s legacy of believing in and advocating for nurses’ professional development. To apply for this annual scholarship, please fill out the Jackie Sund Nursing Scholarship application or call 847.802.7085 for more information.
Janet Smith Nursing Scholarship
The Janet Smith Nursing Scholarship was established through generous donations from family, friends and community members who wished to honor the giving nature of Janet Smith, a longtime nurse at Woodstock Memorial Hospital. Janet exemplified the meaning of community service and volunteerism. As a certified childbirth educator, she taught Lamaze classes for expectant mothers throughout McHenry County for more than 30 years. Janet always displayed deep concern for others and was devoted to her family and friends. To apply for this scholarship, please fill out the Janet Smith Nursing Scholarship application or call 847.802.7085 for more information.
Marianjoy Scholarship Program
Since its inception in 1994, the Marianjoy Scholarship Program has awarded more than $870,000. Administered through Northwestern Memorial Foundation, funding for all scholarship awards is provided through generous donations from the community. The scholarships have had a profound impact on the lives of many talented individuals. Past recipients include a physician, an attorney, a professional musician, a pastor, a film writer, a therapist and a teacher, among others. Click here for more information.
Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital Auxiliary Scholarships
The Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital Auxiliary offers scholarships to local residents who are pursuing healthcare careers. Applicants must live within the Valley West service area. These communities include Earlville, Sandwich, Plano, Somonauk, Leland, Yorkville, Bristol, Sheridan, Serena, Newark, Millington, Millbrook, Big Rock, Hinckley and Waterman. Every applicant must be a high school graduate and must show proof of acceptance into a post-secondary health-related program.
Application forms, transcripts and test scores are required for the subsequent fall semester. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of demonstrated financial need, academic merit and career goals. Each year, the Valley West Hospital Auxiliary awards $10,000 in healthcare career scholarships to deserving students.
Application and instructions are available at Valley West Hospital Gift Shop, by calling Deanna Francis at 815.786.8484 x253775, or by emailing email@example.com. Applications must be received in the Volunteer Services office or postmarked by the due date.
Women’s Board of Lake Forest Hospital Scholarships
The Women’s Board of Lake Forest Hospital is pleased and proud to offer scholarship opportunities to students enrolled in a school of nursing, medical school or other accredited clinical health career program with direct patient care. Download the Women’s Board Scholarship Application Checklist here.
- A. B. Dick, Jr. Scholarship: Established in 1952 and named for the first chairman of the hospital’s Board of Directors. Mr. Dick’s family donated the land on which our main hospital campus sits. Mr. Dick served on the Board from 1940 to 1951.
- Marion Warner Hodgkins Scholarship: Established in honor of the first president and founder of the Women’s Board. Mrs. Hodgkins served on the Women’s Board from 1946 until her death in 2000.
- Helen Dick Bronson Scholarship: Established in 2009 in memory of A.B. Dick, Jr.’s daughter, Helen Dick Bronson. Helen was a member of the Women’s Board for 60 years and served as president from 1962 to 1965.
- Christina Schulte Fisher Scholarship: Established in 2007 to honor the exceptional volunteer service of Mrs. Fisher. Her invaluable commitment to and support of Lake Forest Hospital through membership on the Board of Directors and the Women’s Board have been of immeasurable benefit to the hospital and the community.