Donate to Pediatric Radiology Research, Patient Care and Education
Radiology services are an important aspect of the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric medical conditions. At Northwestern Medicine, radiologists use minimally invasive technologies and techniques to complete an accurate evaluation, while keeping children as comfortable as possible. With your donation to Northwestern Memorial Foundation, you will support physician-scientists at Northwestern Medicine in their efforts to advance essential research and to implement effective, innovative imaging tools. These tools will have far-reaching benefits for many children suffering from a variety of illnesses.
Medical professionals at Northwestern Medicine are committed to providing compassionate, multidisciplinary care to patients of all ages, including children. Members of the multidisciplinary teams that focus on pediatric illnesses include:
- Specialists from Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital (These specialists are board-certified in pediatrics, pediatric radiology, medical imaging, vascular or interventional radiology, nuclear medicine, and nuclear radiology or neuroradiology.)
- Pediatric anesthesiologists and sedation specialists
- Registered nurses
- Child life specialists
Currently, specialists at Northwestern Medicine use the following tools to diagnose illnesses in children:
- Pediatric Computed Tomography (CT): Combines X-rays and computer scans to reveal problems with soft tissue
- Pediatric fluoroscopy: Uses a contrast dye and X-ray beam to study moving body structures
- Pediatric Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Combines the use of strong magnets and radio waves to view detailed pictures of the inside of the body
- Pediatric Positron Emission Tomography (PET): A nuclear medicine imaging test that looks at blood flow, metabolism and oxygen use
- Pediatric ultrasound: Uses high-frequency sound waves to create images of the organs and systems within the body
- Pediatric X-ray: Uses a small amount of radiation to create images of the bones and internal organs
Aided by the support of donors like you, these specialists will be able to develop even more effective diagnostic tools and techniques, and will be able to consistently provide the very finest level of care to every child and family who seeks care at Northwestern Medicine. In addition, scientists are conducting groundbreaking research in areas such as functional cardiovascular 4D MRI in congenital heart disease and diffusion-weighted MRI for assessment of brain tumors. Your donation to Northwestern Memorial Foundation will help to accelerate and expand this potentially life-changing research.
Pediatric Radiology Research, Patient Care and Education Donation
It is very difficult to see a child suffer from an injury or disease. By making a donation to Northwestern Memorial Foundation, you will offer support and hope to young people, and to their families, as they cope with the many challenges associated with an illness. More specifically, your gift will help to ensure that specialists at Northwestern Medicine are able to consistently deliver state-of-the-art care–incorporating the most contemporary tools and treatment approaches–to children affected by illness. Your generous donation will truly make a difference in the lives of many children and families.