2020 Women’s Board Scholarships
Thank you for your interest in the Women’s Board of Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital’s Scholarships. The Women’s Board is pleased to offer the following scholarship opportunities:
A.B. Dick, Jr. Scholarship
Established in 1952 and named for the first chairman of the hospital’s Board of Directors. Mr. Dick’s family donated the land on which our main hospital campus sits. Mr. Dick served on the Board from 1940 to 1951. These scholarship awards generally range from $500 to $2,000 to each recipient.
Marion Warner Hodgkins Scholarship
Established in honor of the first president and founder of the Women’s Board. Mrs. Hodgkins served on the Women’s Board from 1946 until her death in 2000. This scholarship awards up to $5,000 to a scholarship applicant who shows exceptional talent and promise.
Helen Dick Bronson Scholarship
Established in 2009 in memory of A.B. Dick, Jr.’s daughter, Helen Dick Bronson. Helen was a member of the Women’s Board for 60 years and served as president from 1962 to 1965. $2,000 to $3,500 will be awarded to a scholarship applicant who is currently employed at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.
Christina Schulte Fisher Scholarship
Established in 2007 to honor the exceptional volunteer service of Mrs. Fisher. Her invaluable commitment to and support of Lake Forest Hospital through membership on the Board of Directors and the Women’s Board have been of immeasurable benefit to the hospital and the community. These scholarships generally range from $500 to $1,500 to as many as three recipients.
To learn more about these scholarships and who is eligible to apply, please review our Cover Letter and Eligibility Requirements.
Each applicant must complete the following items to be considered for a scholarship; learn more in our Scholarship Application Policies and Instructions.
- Download and complete the scholarship application by March 2, 2020. Please complete only one application as our committee will determine for which scholarships you are eligible. For clarification, you may refer to our Eligibility Requirements.
- We are no longer accepting hard copies of any part of the application. Submit the following items in PDF format via email to email@example.com by March 2, 2020:
- A one-page profile of yourself, stressing factors relevant to your occupational goals. Include your occupational choice, qualifications for this occupation, long-term goals and any special considerations.
- An unofficial transcript of your most recently attended educational institution. Please include the previous fall semester if you are currently a student.
- If you are not currently enrolled in the educational institution you will attend the next academic year, please submit official proof of acceptance.
- Please download our recommendation form and print or send copies to two people (recent professors, counselors, or present employer/supervisor) whom you select as personal references. Ask that they return the form directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 2, 2020.
Complete scholarship submissions and required documentation are due by March 2, 2020. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted. All supporting documents must be submitted via PDF format via email to email@example.com.
All applicants will be notified in May as to the status of their application as determined by the Scholarship Committee.